Monday, February 2, 2009

Its funny

Its funny how fast life can turn around when you let it. Today is one of those days when nothing can get you down. Today started last night actually. There was a regional YSA fireside at which I was to sing at. Its funny that for a regional fireside, the choir more then doubled the attendance of others. It was an amazing fireside though and the spirit was def there. I'm so excited, I finally got around to applying for college and financial aid, its awesome, i feel so motivated now :). Would anyone wanna take my ACT for me though? I don't like tests. New friends are awesome and are beginning to play a major part in my new life. One thing that I have learned, we need to talk to our Heavenly Father everyday all the day with no exceptions whether it is easy to or not and whether or not we are in good standing in regards to the church or about to fall of the edge. Everyone is always saying that everyone needs counciling, I agree, but not with the kind of councilor that many chose. Would you agree to the statement that God knows all? How then is it not possible for him to be your counciler? The only thing that it costs to talk to him is your time, and even then, he so freely gives it back to us. I have found that Heavenly Father is the best person to talk to when counsling is needed. We all feel embarrassed to talk to someone that we really don't know about problems that have nothing to do with them, but since Heavenly Father already knows whats going on, why can't we just talk to him? He answers our prayers, how long he takes depends on us. He may answer during the prayer or at a much later time. I love how mighty and powerful my Heavenly Father is and how quick he can heal my broken heart when I let him. I do need to say that Heavenly Father is not alone in this, the healing that takes place and the counciling received can not be accomplished with out the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the price that he paid so that we can return to our Father. I really am liking my hair being longer, but, The Church has suggested shorter hair, and I know that I will be blessed if I follow. A thought that comes to mind, the things that we do minute to minute, are they things that edify each other and lift each other up? We are all in great need of being edified. Edifying each other I believe to be part of charity, and we can not be truly happy with out charity for charity is the pure love of Christ.
I find it interesting that so many times when you try to open up to people, the person that wants you to open up is often the one that closes up to what you have to say. Lately, I have friends that have been telling me that I have been putting up a wall and nothing seems to get passed it, but I have been doing everything that I can to get these things out and I have been expressing my feelings, emotions very specifically and yet everyone says that I keep closing up, I don't get it. But I do know that it doesn't matter what other people think because they are not me and they do not know everything pertaining to me and my life.

No comments: